Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Halloween Party Ideas

Halloween is almost upon us! I've been seeing a lot of cool ideas for Halloween party recipes on the internet lately, and I'd like to share a few of them with you. The first one has a certain WOW factor going for it. Your guests will most certainly be impressed by these Glowing Eyeball Jelly Shots!! (I would be anyway)

 
Recipe and directions are here on "Rock UR Party", a division of Tablespoon, which is one of my favorite food/recipe sites: Glowing Eyeball Jelly Shot Recipe
 
Apparently, they glow under blacklight due to the use of tonic water. Who knew?
 
Here is another take on glow in the dark party food: Glow In The Dark Cupcakes.  These look like they are a little more difficult to make, but what fun!
 
 
 
And here is one more recipe, which is slightly less difficult: Halloween Chex® Mix.  Forgive me, dear reader, but I have always loved Chex® Mix. I don't care how pedestrian that makes me sound, I LOVE IT.  I also love candy corn, so create a sweet Chex® Mix, then throw in some candy corn?  You can count me in!  I also like how it uses those little Halloween candy decors.  I have a jar of little pumpkin and bat decors that I haven't figured out what to do with yet (but they were too cute not to buy), so I think I'll be using them for this!
 
 
 
And finally, this is not a recipe, but on King Arthur Flour, I found these awesome beaker cookie cutters
 
 
 
You could get really creative with these, I'm sure!
 
And just to keep you updated, there are several Halloween invitations and cupcake toppers in my Pixels and Posies Etsy shop right now.  Please feel free to take a look around!

No comments:

Post a Comment