Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Big Haboob and Some Computer Troubles

Yesterday, a big haboob blew through town.



Some of the pictures and videos are pretty cool, but being inside of a haboob is really not so cool.  It was windy and the dust was so dense that you could not see too far in front of you.  I was home when it hit, but I did go outside to check it out, and was rewarded with a coating of dust.  My daughter was at a friend's house and her cell phone had died, so I freaked out for a little while, wondering if she was driving in the storm, which can be pretty dangerous.  But I'm just a worry wart and she was fine.  My son was at work at the time the storm was at it's worst, but had to walk home from work at the tail end of it (he lives within walking distance of his office).

Anyway, that was exciting, and now the pool looks like crud again.  I'll be breaking out the pool vacuum tonight.

I had intended on posting a blog post and working on some printable parties last night, but not only did we have the excitement of the haboob and me needlessly freaking out about my kids in the haboob, but my computer was also acting up.  It's been acting hinky for a while, but now I really can't work with it at all.  If I can't get the problem worked out tonight, I'm probably going to have to put my Esty shop on vacation mode for a little while until I get it worked out because I really can't do anything with it right now.

So here's to hoping I can figure out what's going on and fix it.  *crosses fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment