Monday, July 4, 2011

First Post!



Happy Fourth of July everyone!  I hope you all are having a very nice holiday! 

I suppose in my first post I ought to tell you a little bit about myself.  I live in Mesa, AZ (yes, it's HOT) with my daughter, a few cats and a dog.  My son lives a few miles away and works in IT customer support.  My daughter is currently in college studying psychology.

I won't say where I work; suffice it to say that it's an office job.  In my spare time, I enjoy working on arts and crafts. Currently, I am working on some printable parties that I have for sale on Etsy.  You can view them here:


What are printable parties?  Well, let me tell you a little about them.  I create party decor designs in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, create PDFs of them and assemble them into a complete printable package.  Once a person buys a package on Esty, I email them the PDF.  They can then print the package out on a home printer or they can have them printed anywhere that can print PDFs (such as Office Max).  The package includes invitations, thank you cards, tent cards, banners, cupcake toppers and wrappers, party hats, patterned paper and treat boxes.  One printed, they are then cut out and assembled into a themed party.

Why would you want a printable party?  Well, for one, they are truly unique (and awesome, if I do say so myself! :o).  Anyone can buy a themed party package at Party City, but they all look the same.  My party packages are different and distinctive.  Not only that, but you can also personalize them and make them extraordinary with embellishments, such as rhinestones, sequins, glitter, etc.  Also, the patterned paper that is included can be used for anything you like.  You can make confetti, wraps for water bottles or juice boxes, more cupcake toppers or favor tags, whatever you can think of.  

Another reason: personalization.  Any party can be customized, so the banners can say whatever you want.  The generic parties include banners that say "Happy Birthday", but yours can include a name or even say something completely different if the party you are preparing for is not a birthday party.  Photos can also be included and invitations can be worded to say whatever you want.

A third reason that printable parties are a good purchase is that they are cost effective.  If you print them on your home printer, all you pay for is the PDF, which can be printed as often as you like and for as many guests as you like.

I also have some à la carte items, like invitations and cupcake toppers and wrappers if you don't wish to commit to an entire party.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy looking at the printable parties that I currently have for sale.  I have several different themes at the moment and am currently working on a Dr Seuss-like party, which I hope to publish this afternoon.  I have lots and lots of other ideas for other parties, so check back often!

Have a great holiday!

PS: check out my Facebook page here

And if you go to The Graphics Fairy Blogspot (one of my favorite blogs), you can vote on my printable party (towards the bottom of the page, number 21).


No comments:

Post a Comment