Monday, July 18, 2011

More Delays

Unfortunately, I still have my Etsy site on hold because my computer is still not working.  Well, it's working, but I can't get on the internet.  I was on the phone with tech support for two hours and I still can't get on the internet.  I kind of felt like I knew more about computers than the tech support guy, and that is not a good feeling.  They are supposed to be sending me the updated drivers for my network adapter and that's supposed to fix it, but I have my doubts.  I just hope that they send me the right drivers.  I told the guy several times that I already loaded the drivers and I will need updated drivers if it's a driver issue.  So, we'll see.  In any case, until I get on the internet, I can't download a service pack that I need for my OS, and until I download the service pack, I can't load my Adobe programs.  I don't want to open the shop back up until I can edit my work, just in case there is a problem.  I want to be able to guarantee my work.  So, I wait.

In the meantime, my daughter went to town this weekend and baked cupcakes, made some other stuff (including green eggs and ham!), set up some of the parties I have already designed and I took some pictures.  The pictures could be better (I have only just now discovered that I am not a very good photographer - who knew?), but now that I have done a couple of "photo shoots", I can probably get some better shots for the next ones we do.  My daughter has been so much help with this you would not believe!  Anyway, here are some of the pictures that we took of the Paris party and the Seuss party: 





  
The green eggs and ham that my daughter made was delicious BTW.  Maybe I will include the recipe with the party pack!  We discovered after we took the pictures that the ham and eggs are best eaten together.  So if we take pics again, we'll put the ham with the toothpicks on top of the eggs.  It looks really cute that way too!

And here is a picture of my cat, Kibbles, who decided that it would be a good idea to crawl into one of the craft boxes to sleep.  My daughter took one of the crowns we used in the Paris party and put it on Kibble's head.  Isn't she cute! (she is also sporting a collar that my daughter knitted for her):


In other news, it's still very hot here in AZ, with the added humidity from the monsoon season.  The saying "Yeah, but it's a dry heat" does not apply during the monsoon season.  I was at the light rail station this morning at 7 am and I don't know what the temperature was, but it was warm enough that I was sweating.  It's a little after 9 am now and almost 100 degrees, so it was probably close to 90.  It keeps threatening to rain, but then it just doesn't.

I am so over summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment