Saturday, July 9, 2011

On Having a Sick Computer, Being Sick and Chicken Posole

Well, my computer has been diagnosed.  It's a very sick computer and needs a new hard drive.  No wonder I couldn't fix it!  On the bright side, I have a warranty, so it won't cost me anything.  But, it's going to take a while so I'm not sure when I will have it up and running again and be able to work on my printable parties.  And that's a bummer.  Well, it could be worse I suppose!

I was also sick yesterday, but I feel much better today.  While I was sick and lying on the couch, my daughter was watching some PBS cooking shows.  One of them was Savor the Southwest.  Towards the end of the show, they plugged their book (also called Savor the Southwest) and I said, "Hey, we have that book!".  To explain, let me just say that I have literally hundreds of cookbooks.  My mother was an awesome cook who loved cooking (and collecting cookbooks).  After she passed away, I inherited all of her cookbooks.

Anyway, my mom used to make a chicken posole during the holidays.  The Christmas after she died, I went through her cookbooks to find that recipe and found it bookmarked in Savor the Southwest.  So I have been using that recipe every year during the holidays in honor of my mom.  I never made any of the other recipes in it, but remembered the cover when I saw it on the TV show.

My daughter got the cooking bug from my mom I think.  She's also a great cook and really enjoys it.  Among the many, many great things about her living with me while she goes to school is that she cooks dinner for me almost every single night.  Yesterday, she made me chicken noodle soup from scratch!

So anyway, we pulled out the cookbook and looked at it, and it had all the recipes in it that were featured on the show.  If any of you are interested, here is the website: http://www.savorthesouthwest.com/

I highly recommend the Chicken Posole, although after looking through the recipes in that cookbook, it looks like there are a ton of great recipes in there.  I can't believe I never really looked at the other recipes before.  My daughter is going to be busy with that cookbook in the next few weeks I think (and hope)!

No comments:

Post a Comment